Monday, June 28, 2010

Blog - Revamped

One of my goals this year was to expand my blog. Since we're about halfway through the year, I'd say I'm not doing so well. But, a goal is a goal, and so help me, I'm going to accomplish this goal! So I thought the best way to kick it off, was to say a big THANK YOU to Christy from Skinned Knees: and Other Childhood Misadventures  Take a second to check out her blog.  She also has an Etsy shop and I can't help but be compelled to help support a fellow SAHM.  She's actually hosting a giveaway for Owl Say in few weeks and she'd sent me a reminder email. So I hopped over to her blog and was very impressed by the banner and layout.

It just goes to show that all things happen for a reason and her email was perfect timing. Because I needed help...serious help.  See, I'd been working on my blog all week. No literally, all freakin' weak. I mean, there are only so many hours in the day I can actually work on the computer without completely ignoring my family, but I still spent an inordinate amount of time changing colors, background, layout, headers, fonts, looking for the perfect buttons (ridiculous how long I spent on this alone) and was absolutely not at all happy with my end result. I just couldn't put my finger on what I disliked, but I knew it wasn't right. So Christy offered to help.  She just couldn't have been any nicer and I'm so appreciative of her offering to help!

In just a few hours, I'd accomplished what I'd been striving for all week. She suggested I change the background to white and she made me the great Navigation bar as well as Ad buttons and a blog button. I still need to do some tweaking, but I figure I can fine tune things as I go.

So what can you expect in the next few weeks?  Actually, the next few weeks are going to be quite busy. We have fun July 4th plans, celebrating an aunt's 90th Birthday, a Superman themed 3rd birthday party (complete with a vintage Superman cake - I promise pics), the occasional movie review, redecorating a 3 yr old's bedroom, my 13th wedding anniversary, new product Giveaways with generous hosts and more!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment